I’m just beginning to wonder if I want to be World Champion. There will be so much fuss and drama. Farming is really my occupation, and racing just a hobby, although I make a serious effort at it.
I have always recognised and respected the safety limits for myself and other drivers, and I would far rather lose a race any day of the week than overstep myself or my car.
- Formula 1 World Champion 1963 +1965 (Runner up in 1962).
- Formula 1 Races: 72, Wins: 25, Pole Positions: 33
- Formula 1 Grand Slams: 8 Pole, Win, Fastest Lap, led every Lap
- Le Mans 24 Hour 1960: 3rd
- Indianapolis 500 Champion 1965 (Runner up in 1963 + 1966).
- British Touring Car Champion 1964
- Tasman Series Champion 1965, 1967 and 1968.
- Formula 2 Champion 1965